The Federal Bar Association’s Social Security Section shared the below message today:
“Help Get Congress to Include as Much of the SSI Restoration Act as possible into the upcoming Reconciliation Bill.
Items that we will be fighting to include in the reconciliation bill include:
- Increasing the SSI benefit rate to at least 100% of the Federal Poverty Level and adjusting it annually to keep pace with inflation;
- Eliminating “in-kind support and maintenance” (ISM) as a type of countable income;
- Increasing and inflation-indexing resource limits for the first time since 1989;
- Updating the earned and general income disregards, which have not been adjusted since 1974; and
- Eliminating installment payment requirements and extending the time SSI recipients have to spend down retroactive benefits.
The Reconciliation bill is currently in mark-up so time is of the essence.
Text SignPXPBNX to 59409 today if possible.”